Powerwall is a home battery that stores energy so you can use it day or night and self-power your home. Powerwall can provide backup power by itself or can easily integrate with solar to provide your home reliable, clean energy 24/7. With Powerwall, you gain continuous and backup power, even in the event of a grid outage.
Control Your Energy and Stay Protected. Signup today and learn more about the Powerwall 2.
Please complete this form to start the pre-order process
Storage Batteries allow you to store the energy generated by your solar panels or from your utility for later use.
In addition to the batteries, most Storage Battery solutions also include Solar production and energy consumption monitoring, combined with intelligent energy management features that minimizes the amount of energy drawn from the grid to reduce cost and minimize the payback period.
- Optimally use solar generated energy and energy from the grid during time periods optimally suited to your utility rate plan to save money - especially if you are on the Time-of-Use rate plan.
- Use daytime solar generated energy at night - for example, to charge your electric vehicle at night from energy generated by your Solar System during the daytime.
- Most utility companies do not provide credit or provide minimal credit for Solar energy produced beyond your consumption and exported to the grid. With Storage Batteries, this excess energy can be stored and used later - essentially being credited at the utility's retail rate.
- Use during emergencies such as black-outs.
- Go Off-Grid - Depending on your energy usage and generation capability, it is possible to not need any energy from the grid.
LA Solar Group offers the TESLA PowerWall 2 and Sonnen Eco storage battery solutions.
The PowerWall 2 and Eco have attractive exteriors, allowing them to be mounted indoors, as well as outdoors, and both can be mounted on the wall or on the ground. Both are also integrated solutions that include the batteries, inverters, and software.
The PowerWall 2 can store 13.5 kWh of energy and supply 5kW of power, whereas the Sonnen Eco can store from 4kWh to 16kWh in 2 kWh increments and supply from 3 to 8 kW of power.
Although both have a 10 year warranty, the PowerWall 2 includes unlimited Cycles, whereas the Eco includes up to 10,000 cycles.
Deciding if Storage Batteries are right for you depends on many of the same factors that applies to Solar. The major factors include: Your Goals; Usage pattern; Storage System capacity; Cost (now and in the future); Available incentives; Electricity costs (now and in the future); Solar System size; Warranty; Payback period.