JOIN OUR TEAM
Be a part of a cutting-edge company with plenty of room to grow
LA Solar Group is a fast-growing, innovative company in the solar and renewable technology space. We acquire customers, manage installation projects, and service existing installations for homeowners and businesses throughout California and the nation. We’re always looking for competent, energetic people to join our team. Take a look at our open positions below – or just drop us a line if you think you have something to offer our team.
WHY WORK AT LA SOLAR GROUP?
This position is a great career opportunity for someone who has professional experience in residential solar PV sales or similar construction sales consultant experience.
- Resolve customer complaints from the office
- High school diploma or GED required
- Proficiency in solar monitoring systems. (SolarEdge)
- Ability to resolve billing and production questions/concerns
- Must be very organized and be able to meet timeline expectations
- Must deliver a high level of customer service
- Follow up with clients and provide clients with solutions
- Escalate issues not resolved to Senior Project Manager and learn resolve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, driving and drug screen
- Must have a valid state driver’s license
Tasks for Success:
- Participate in required weekly/monthly meetings
- Manage a multiple customer service issues to find solutions and enhance customer experience
- Advise on company information
- Update information thoroughly
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Communicate with Customer Service Manager
- Utilize computer technology to manage high call volumes
- Call AHJs to find out the status of the permit and update google sheet accordingly
- Handle changes in policies or renewals
- Follow up with clients to enhance customer experience
- Assist Senior Project Manager with client related issues
- Troubleshoot Enphase, SolarEdge, and SMA inverters with the client
- Provide clients with assistance regarding price and the scope of work
Tools and Benefits Provided:
- Competitive compensation with many positions incentivized
- Full benefits’ package including health and vision insurance
- Attractive vacation, sick pay
- Employee referral program
- Career path opportunities
This position is a great career opportunity for someone who has professional experience in residential solar PV customer service or similar construction customer service experience.
Immediate interviews and hiring.
We offer competitive pay and opportunity to grow with a company.
LA Solar Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is expected to provide organized response times as well as building internal and external relationships to deliver on process and performance improvements.
● Be able to effectively and succinctly communicate with customers and
● Responsible for insuring 100% customer satisfaction on the assigned project
● Responsible for managing budget and schedule goals of the assigned project,
from project inception through project closeout
● Performs risk-analysis /forecasting for projects in order to minimize negative
impact on company
● Manage Transfer of Ownership requests when a customer moves to a premise
● Modification of ACH and Checking data for incentive payments
● Allocation of customer credits to applicable accounts
● Timely email and phone responses related to general program inquiries and
● Deliver forecasting and reporting solutions that will drive accuracy and
● Maintain a process of proactive communication to customers and internal
stakeholders on receipt of request, expected response time, and final resolution
● Provide analysis on root cause issues, support initiatives and process
● Assist in creating and building Standard Operating Procedures and training plan
to ensure sustainability and control compliance.
● Support and attend discussions with Customer Energy Integration and
Engineering as required.
● Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and California and
regulatory external stakeholders.
● Investigate, analyze, resolve, and respond to Distributed Energy Resources
related complaints filed by internal and external customers, Stakeholders,
Executives, State and Local Government Officials, Commissions, Regulators,
Elected Officials, Media, Small Claims and Better Business Bureau.
● Promote and implement procedural best practice through structured quality
assurance within the team to ensure all working practices are compliant with
California Energy policies and regulatory requirements.
● A Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent of 3 to 5 years in
● A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an applicable role in solar Customer Service
or support team.
● A demonstrated ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams/projects,
absorb information, develop creative/practical business solutions, and achieve
desired results in a highly technical, operational environment is required.
● Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to
manage a diverse range of projects simultaneously
● Consistency in delivering on commitments, ownership of the results, exhibiting
high standards of integrity while engaging, empowering, and driving
accountability to effectively deliver results.
● Possesses knowledge and understanding of California Energy’s electric or gas
policies, processes, systems, tariffs, and general practices and how to apply
● Extensive knowledge of the California NET metering, Renewable Energy Growth
and Shared Solar programs is required
● Salesforce knowledge is a plus
● Knowledge and understanding of customer systems and billing procedures
● Exposure to California regulatory requirements
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 – $28.00 per hour
● 401(k) matching
● Dental insurance
● Flexible schedule
● Health insurance
● Paid time off
● Vision insurance
● 8 hour shift
● Day shift
Weekly day range:
● Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
● San Fernando Valley, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
● Solar Customer support: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person
● Overall responsibility for management of remote Solar project execution and profit and
loss management, working with trade contractors, and/or participating in proposals and
● Anticipate full time on-site duties with rotational travel from remote project locations
throughout the U.S. Los Angeles region, including Texas and Nevada.
● Develops, implements, and maintains the project safety program for a safe work
environment. Creates and influences safety culture as a mentor and model.
● Oversees the development and implementation of quality management plan and quality
culture with stakeholder buy-in.
● Coordinates, monitors, and manages design deliverable schedule on EPC Contracts to
facilitate and/or assist with permits, procurement, shop drawings, off-site production,
construction and commissioning in conjunction with the review and signoff by the client.
● Manage project performance status reports for schedule, costs, equipment, manpower,
materials, safety and environment, quality control, and best practices/lessons learned
● Manages risk of EPC Agreement and design compliance to contract obligations.
● Oversees progress preparation payments to clients and trade contractors, and monitor’s
● Manages project team, client representative, consultant, and trade contractor
● Manage staff and hourly workforce schedules.
● Develops and maintains strong, customer-focused relationships with key stakeholders
and decision makers.
● Builds and supports a culture that values the solution provider and profitability
● Other duties as required.
● Bilingual in Spanish is Preferred
● Associates or bachelor’s degree in a related discipline: construction management,
engineering, architecture preferred, or equivalent experience.
● 5+ years of progressive Solar or construction experience with multiple contract delivery
types as a project manager in solar renewable energy preferred.
● In-depth knowledge of construction industry and company operations, including building
materials, construction specifications, methods and procedures, safety and quality
management practices for large, complex, and more diverse projects.
● Experience with diverse project types, delivery and construction methods, and
sequencing and timelines.
● Understanding of insurance, bonding, contracts and legal requirements.
● Effective verbal, written, presentation, and communication skills.
● Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
● Ability to identify staffing and hourly labor issues.
● Demonstrated conflict-resolution skills, problem-solving abilities, and professional
● Based on contract requirements and project size, leads a team of 10+ direct and indirect
reports, which may include a combination of students/interns, field
engineers/coordinators, project engineers/coordinators, project superintendents, and/or
other project managers.
LA SOLAR GROUP, is an innovative, employee-owned company composed of people who find
passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the
infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of
vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best
companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
LA SOLAR GROUP, combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a comprehensive
and competitive total rewards package. The total rewards package includes an employee share
purchase offering, discretionary annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits & wellness
programs, retirement plan plus matching and career development programs.
The LA Solar Group Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and
will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Want to work with us? We want to hear from you.
Whether or not you see a position that fits your background and goals listed above, we’d love to get to know you and consider you for opportunities on our team. Reach out to us at the link below to introduce yourself and let us know why you think you’d be a good fit at our company.