Troubleshooting enphase envoy
Enphase Troubleshooting steps
Locate the WPS button/function on your router or network access point.
- Enable the WPS feature on your Internet network.
- Within two minutes, press the top button of the Envoy S for five seconds until the top light begins to blink green.
- Wait 3-5 minutes. If the top light next to the icon turns green, then the connection was successful.
SETUP WITH WPS
Verify that the Envoy’s wireless adapter is securely plugged into the left slot near the power cable. Also, verify that your wireless router supports WiFi WPS. In some cases, you may need to read the manual to enable this function.
- Press and hold the WPS button on the wireless router (or access point) for two seconds. On many routers, the WPS button flashes at this point.
- Within two minutes, return to the Envoy. Press and hold the Envoy menu button until the Envoy menu appears. Release the Envoy menu button when “Enable WiFi WPS” appears on the LCD screen.
- An updated IP address appears on the Envoy LCD screen within two minutes. This IP address begins with a “W” to indicate the establishment of a wireless connection.
- If the updated IP address does not appear, retry the previous steps as the connection window may have timed-out.
- Within five minutes, the Envoy LCD screen displays “+Web,” indicating a successful connection to Enphase.
SETUP WITHOUT WPS
If your router does not support WiFi WPS or you do not wish to use WiFi WPS, you can follow these steps to establish a wireless connection using one of the listed protocols:
- Using a cat-5(Ethernet) cable, connect the Envoy to a laptop or PC on your network.
- The Envoy will then display an IP address.
- Type this IP address into the address bar of your Internet browser.
- You will be prompted to log in to the Envoy.
- To log in, enter “admin” as the username and “admin” as the password.
- Access the Envoy Administrator page.
- Select the WiFi configuration.
- Select the wireless network and enter the password.
- Click on “Test Connection.”
- Once the test connection is successful, click on “Join Network.”
- You have now connected the Envoy to the router via WiFi.
- Unplug Cat-5 and relocate the Envoy to the dedicated outlet where it was initially.
- For more questions, please contact AlexR@lasolargroup.com.
Microinverters Not Reporting
This system status typically arises when the Envoy is too far from the load center, or there is interference on the power lines between the microinverters and the Envoy.
Troubleshooting Enphase Microinverters
Usually, homeowners can address it, and it should not require a maintenance visit. Try the following tasks to restore reporting between the microinverters and the Envoy
For Envoys that use a power cord:
- If the Envoy was moved from its original location, it might be plugged into an outlet that is too far from the electrical panel (site load center). Return the Envoy to the original location or an outlet as close to the electrical panel as possible.
- Ensure that the Envoy is plugged directly into an outlet, not into a surge protector, extension cord, or power strip. Ideally, the outlet should not be a GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupt) type.
- Make sure that no other devices are plugged into the same outlet as the Envoy.
For any Envoy, regardless of power source:
- If any of these devices use the same circuit as the Envoy, move the devices to another circuit and see if this resolves the issue:
- Power strips and surge protectors
- UPS (uninterruptible power supply) or battery backup units
- Touch lamps
- Battery chargers or AC adapters like those used for cell phone and laptop chargers, especially for older devices
- Heavy rotating motors in devices like fans, refrigerators, freezers, or water pumps
- Workshop equipment like a drill press, table saw, wood router, or planer
- Electronic pest deterrents
- Any older or failing compact fluorescent light (CFL) installed in your home may cause interference. Remove the CFL, then check to see if reporting is restored.
For any further questions or concerns, contact Enphase tech support.